Latest posts by NYCPLUGGED (see all)
- FlûteFest 2018-Thursday November 8th - October 19, 2018
- In Conversation w/ @EmmasTorch Founders Kerry Brodie and Alexander Harris at @92Y- Monday November 5th - October 19, 2018
- Public Speaking & Presentation Skills Workshop with GoldJam Creative- Monday November 5th - October 19, 2018
A completely original creation of Coney Island USA (the not for profit arts organization at 1208 Surf Avenue), the Mermaid Parade is the nation’s largest art parade and one of New York City’s greatest summer events.
A celebration of ancient mythology and honky-tonk rituals of the seaside, it showcases over 3,000 creative individuals from all over the five boroughs and beyond, opening the summer with incredible art, entrepreneurial spirit and community pride. The parade highlights Coney Island Pageantry based on a century of many Coney parades, celebrates the artistic vision of the masses, and ensures that the summer season is a success by bringing hundreds of thousands of people to the amusement area in a single day.
Queen Mermaid – Amanda Palmer, King Neptune – Neil Gaiman
2018 Parade Route
* The Parade will start at West 21st Street and Surf Avenue
* The Parade will roll east to West 10th Street
* At West 10th Street the Parade will turn south towards the boardwalk
* Cars and Motorized Floats continue down Surf Ave. passing W. 10th Street and exit the parade.
* At the Boardwalk, the marchers and push-pull floats will turn west and head towards West 17th St.
* At Steeplechase Plaza, the Parade will disband.
Immediately after the last participant passes the review stand (approximately 4pm) at West 19th and Surf Avenue, parade founder Dick D. Zigun leads the King and Queen procession from the review stand at 19th and Surf Avenue, through MCU Parking lot to the beach for the official Beach Ceremony and opening of the ocean for the summer swimming season.
Coney Island USA presents…THE MERMAID PARADE BALL
THE OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY OF THE MERMAID PARADE
Saturday, June 16, 2018 (5pm – 11pm)
At Kitchen 21’s Roof Deck on the boardwalk and W. 21st.
21 AND OVER WITH PROPER ID
LIVE BANDS IN CONCERT!
LIVE BURLESQUE SHOW!
DJ – LA LA LINDA