- Perfect These Simple and Fun Recipes Using Items From Your Pantry - March 26, 2020
- 10 Ways to Work From Home (WFH) Like a Boss - March 25, 2020
- Boredom Setting In? 20 Things to Keep Busy While Being Socially Distant - March 25, 2020
While we are practicing socially distancing, it doesn’t have to revolve around binge-watching endless amounts of Netflix. Here is a list of 20 things you can do, to make your time productive.
1. Get a little creative and bring date night indoors with a Sip and Paint themed night. All you need are some paintbrushes, paint, any sized canvas and of course, you can’t forget the wine. As a tip, YouTube offers many tutorials on different ideas on what you can paint!
2. Even though city gyms are temporarily closed, that doesn’t mean you can’t stay active. Many apps such as Fitness on Demand offer free workouts to do at home. In addition to YouTube where you have an endless amount of options to choose from.
3. Work on a side hustle. Have you had an idea that you have wanted to work on, but too busy to start? This is the time to get started.
4. NYC Museums have closed their doors temporarily, but that doesn’t mean the exploring stops there. Institutions like The Met and The Frick Collection are offering exhibitions online to allow you to explore without having to leave your couch.
5. Start a list of books you want to read this year and start checking them off. If you have a New York Library card, you can also borrow eBooks online. A good place to start is The New York Times Best Sellers List.
6. Support your local restaurants by ordering in and having a movie night.
7. Learn a new language online.
8. Use this time to spring clean and declutter your apartment. New York City living is already compact, free up some space at home, start organizing and clearing things out.
9. Who said picnics are just for the outdoors? Create a space in your apartment for an indoor picnic; another cute indoor date idea.
10. Start a puzzle and actually finish it. Don’t have a physical one? You can go digital as well.
11. If you have a dog, now is the time to teach them some new tricks.
12. Being socially distant doesn’t mean you have to be emotionally distant. Facetime or Skype with your family and friends, and connect in some creative ways.
13. Watch tutorials on YouTube and learn something you have always wanted to know how to do.
14. Want to up your skincare routine? Have a relaxing night at home with a DIY spa night.
15. Plant an herb garden for your windowsill. Check out these kits from Urban Farmer.
16. Get creative and make these simple cocktails at home.
17. We are all guilty of taking photos only to leave them on our phones or computers. Now is a good time to sort through and create some of these!
18. Get out your board games and have a game night.
19. Brush up on, or learn a new topic for free from some of the nation’s top colleges, just from your computer, tablet, or phone.
Have fun with it, and enjoy working your way through this list. All the while making staying in a little bit easier.
*BONUS* Need a guide to help in crossing these off? Create a bingo card for free and make the list into a game!
This post originally appeared on See New York With Me.
🔌Looking for more? Here’s Our List of NYC COVID-19 Resources and Tips
This Post Contains Affiliate Links