Latest posts by NYCPLUGGED
31 East 17th Street
The Kellogg’s NYC Café has transformed into a fright-filled tasting experience complete with a creepy crypt beneath the café.
Every Halloween, the bodies buried deep within the underground Pop-Tarts Crypt awaken with an insatiable craving for Pop-Tarts —and those who dare to satisfy their otherworldly appetites are rewarded with a never-been-tasted treat from another realm: Pop-Tarts Bites.
Guests can look forward to tasting a wide range of pop-tarts flavors and creations including:
Zombie Eye Tart-Pops – Frosted Cherry Pop-Tarts are coated in icing, rolled into balls, and served by a witch; but keep an eye out, one could satisfy your sweet tooth, the other could shock you with a tongue-twisting, sour surprise
· Finger Freezer Milkshakes – Made with delicious Frosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts, these dripping-red milkshakes are served up by a mad scientist who was a little too hands-on but don’t worry any fingers you may find are only sweet candy
· Fang Sandwiches – Made with tasty Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tarts and marshmallows, your friends will ‘dye’ when a vampire delights you with these “chatterbox” sandwiches that just might turn their mouths a hilarious blue
· King Tart’s Mummy – Open the sarcophagus and get a taste of this mummified Pop-Tart, wrapped in fruit leather.
· Death By S’mores Pop-Tarts Graveyard – Pay your respects at the S’mores Pop-Tarts Graveyard, where gummy worms feast on Cookies & Crème Pop-Tarts dirt.
· Cream-Ation Parfait – Feast on the remains of two Strawberry Cheesecake Pop-Tarts, preserved among blood-red jam and sweet cheesecake filling.
Entry to the café is s free to stop in and purchase the delicious Pop-Tarts creations. Reservations for the haunted crypt experience are currently available, but they’re filling fast! Those who make reservations can also enjoy a food credit.
Pop-Tarts Crypt Hours:
10/24-25: 5-8 p.m.
10/26-27: 2-11 p.m.