- Art on View: Galleries and Outdoor Spaces Re-Opening in NYC - July 17, 2020
- (DISCOUNT) Secret Summer Presents SSUNDAZE - July 10, 2020
- Black-Owned Businesses in Hospitality to Support Now and Always - June 25, 2020
42-38 9th Street
Long Island City
The critically-acclaimed, sustainable festival returns for its third season. Prepare for a boundless journey of sensory and visual imagination, highlighting sustainable seafood and farm fresh cocktails.
This year, Aquarius has partnered with Oceanic Global, a non-profit that engages new audiences in ocean conservation. CupZero will provide $2 cups for purchase upon entry to use throughout the festival. Return your cup to the CupZero station and get your money back.
This one-of-a-kind immersive experience, outfitted with floral and tree arrangements by Brenton Wolf Design, will also feature a winter séance and a symbolic sacrifice to the God of Aquarius, an art installation by Jimmy Carillo, outdoor fire pits and extraordinary fire breathers and aerialists.
Guests can commemorate the magical evening with an impromptu photoshoot in the 4Five Photo Booth with fun props to kick your pictures up a notch.
The festival will showcase and serve up cocktails from the world’s most prominent spirits brands including:
- COÇA PURA TEQUILA
- Boukman Botanical Rhum
- London Essence Co.
- KAS Krupnikas Nolet’s Gin
- Barrows Intense and Barrows Intense Ginger Liqueur and more!
Q Mixers will be the official mixer, enhance the finest spirits and fresh cocktail garnishes will be provided by Square Roots, which is building a hanging Hydroponic Garden.
Guests can also enjoy the Coney Island Brewing Co lounge with photo booth, and Owl’s Brew Boozy Tea And Botanicals, while Polar Seltzer, Harmless Harvest Coconut Water and sparkling probiotic drinks from KeVita will be there to help keep revelers hydrated.
Guests will have the ability to purchase seafood with sustainable offerings, recommended by the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s rigorous Seafood Watch program. Sample seasonal flavors by:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Executive Chef Matthew Beaudin.
- Hudson Square’s Houseman Restaurant’s Chef Ned Baldwin will offer Fisherman’s Stew and more and
- Mattitaco will serve farm to food truck Oysters, Tacos and Moules Frites, courtesy of Chef Justin Schwartz.
- Ca’Pisci will make its festival return offering a rustic Italian menu featuring only sustainable fish.
- Salsa Pistolero will be on hand with an assortment of refreshing salsa flavors to snack on.
- MF Events will provide a local raw bar highlighting 100% local to NYC oysters.
- My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream will hand out their sweet treats.
The evening will feature a performance from the Brass Queens, the all female group that’s disrupting a male dominated genre.
DJ Ryan Vandal will provide the soundtrack for the night in the Albra Room while DJ Samantha Michelle will take over the Main Hall.
The Plug: The Foundry will set the scene for this arctic chic event. The historic venue is a fully-restored 19th century building, which boasts 3,000 square feet of iconic stone & ivy, 9 unique rooms, an outdoor courtyard, rooftop terrace and Manhattan skyline views. Aquarius specialty cocktails and water are complementary to all ticket holders. Food will be available for purchase. Guests will also be invited to help save the ocean and the planet by donating $10 to Oceanic Global.
Tickets start at $75. NYC Plugged Readers get 20% off their ticket with promo code ‘nycplugged’. Scoop them up now before the next wave hits!
This Post Contains Affiliate Links