Latest posts by NYCPLUGGED
- Get Gifting: 2019 Holiday Popups! - November 26, 2019
- Holidays at the Moxy, Here’s What’s Happening at Their NYC Locations! - November 26, 2019
- *DISCOUNT* Secret Summer Aquarius 2020- Saturday January 25th - November 26, 2019
28 Adams Street
Come celebrate the NYC book launch of Clara Cakes: Delicious and Simple Vegan Desserts for Everyone! by LA based teen baker Clara Polito.
Clara Cakes, the brainchild of Los Angeles-based teen baker Clara Polito, is packed to the brim with easy and delicious vegan dessert recipes to make at home. Clara began baking at age 12, selling her cakes at DIY punk shows and baking competitions. Now, as a teenager, her self-run company Clara Cakes is all over town—catering events, providing sweets and treats to stores across the city, and still popping up at concerts!
Clara’s personal sweet tooth has led to the creation of amazing and unique recipes like:
* Inception Cookie: An Oreo cookie secretly baked inside of a chocolate chip cookie. Mind blowing!
* Breakfast Cake: Banana cake, maple frosting, and caramelized corn flakes. The most important cake of the day.
* Sexy Cake: A zesty lime cake topped with tangy lime frosting and spicy, salty blueberry sauce. XXX.
* S’mores Bars: The name says it all. Who needs a campfire when you have a bag of vegan marshmallows and an oven?
Clara Cakes is the sweetest vegan cookbook to hit market, and a peek into Clara’s world. There are playlists and personal stories along the way, dessert haikus, and even some advice on how to turn your hobby into a business. Baking is not always neat, so sometimes you gotta make a mess before you make it big. But whether making art, running a business, or baking delicious, ethical desserts, it’s always the best when you Do It Yourself. Take a look inside and let Clara be your guide!