Latest posts by NYCPLUGGED
OkayAfrica, the largest online destination bridging African art, music, style, politics and more to a global audience, celebrated their esteemed lineup for the 3rd Annual 100 Women Initiative last Thursday at the Top of the Standard.
These incredible women from Africa and the global African diaspora are champions of excellence in their careers and communities. They are recognized for their impact and influence as change agents and innovators in their respective industries. OkayAfrica saluted this year’s honorees for pushing youth culture forward in the ever-changing industries of art, science, tech, fashion, music, activism, business, and healthcare during Women’s History Month.
Over 350 VIPs including past and present honorees gathered at the Top of the Standard for cocktails by Courvoisier, canapes and champagne by Moet Chandon as well as DJ sets by female African DJs including DJ AQ, Niara Sterling, and Sydney Love. A special performance by Moonchild Sanelly had guests on their feet well past midnight. Some of the esteemed women honored this year include Danai Gurira, Thandie Newton, Adut Akech, Adwoa Aboah, Rosalyn Gold-Onwude, Ilhan Omar, and Duckie Thot.
Attendees included Justine Skye, Young Paris, Maria Borges, Flaviana Matata, Abrima Erwiah, Penda N’diaye, Sira Kante, Davidson, TK Wonder of Urban Bush Babes, Ruth B, Abiola Oke, Rachel Hislop, Moonchild Sanelly, Isha Sesay, Charlene Akuamoah, Penda N’diaye, Susy Oludele, Jojo Abot, El Lewis, Peju Famojure, Susy Oludele, Dynasty and Soull, Avon Dorsey, and Jean Michel Cazabat.
Select OkayAfrica 100 Women’s Esteemed 2019 Honorees:
· Dynasty & Soull : Founders of luxury concept brand L’ENCHANTEUR . Their work is coveted and worn by the likes of Erykah Badu, Whoopi Goldberg, Lauryn Hill.
· Luam Keflezgy: Dancer and Choreographer, has worked on videos and tours with the likes of Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, and Janelle Monae.
· Iziegbe “Izzy” Odigie : Viral Afrobeats dancer and co-founder of TRŸBE Dancerz (a group of female African dancers), and an inspiration to young girls searching for their identity and purpose.
· Laylah Amatullah Barrayn : Photographer and documentarian co-author of “MFON: Women Photographers of the African Diaspora”
· Tiffany Aliche :The Budgetnista : Amazon #1 bestselling author with “The One Week Budget” and the “Live Richer Challenge” book series, where she shares personal finance guidelines that are easy to understand and implement.