The beginning of February’s NYFW always starts off with menswear, and we all come together to gawk at what’s the latest in the trends and styles coming out. There’s no surprise that women have been stealing men’s looks, clothing and vibrating around the oversized aesthetics for years now.
It was amazing to view NP Elliott’s collection for the Autumn/Winter 2018 season, because as a woman I fell in love with many of the looks, which were masculine, but also found a connection to every single piece based on the silhouette which had a touch of femininity.
The first piece came out and my immediate thoughts were: this would look great on a guy but also easy for that guy’s girlfriend to steal this, wear it EXACTLY like him and slay! The printed heavy turtleneck sweater paired with the tweed pants totally set the tone and prepared us for the cultivation of the pagan Celtic style infused collection.
Creative Director, Nicholas Elliott, born into a Scottish and Chinese family chose to get in touch with his Scottish roots. The collection’s title, “Summers End”, is derived from the Gaelic festival of Samhain, or the end of harvest season. Samhain is traditionally celebrated on October 31st, very fitting for the season it is designed for.
My top favorite trends:
◦ The “Mad Max” cotton twill jacket in khaki which was transformed into different styles such as: The Fisherman jacket & vest (consisting of 6-9 pockets and zippers) and also the trench.
◦ The many combinations of Tweed Dungarees!
◦ ACCESSORIES: The velvet fanny bags styled across the chest, the crossbody messenger bags, the velvet duffle, the long striped belts, and my favorite, the ornamental sporran!
◦ The custom Doc Martens was a great touch to every look and truly made it complete and cohesive!
On top of the show being simply remarkable by not only introducing the Scottish culture into NYFW, but the location, The Cadillac House, truly helped the visuals pop. One of my favorite shows from NYFW- Mens, had so much flavor and style.
Latest posts by Darynee (see all)
- FW18 NYFW Recap: @PlanetFashionTV: The Dress Rehearsal, Lindsay Nicholas, Starlife Fashion, Olmaia - February 26, 2018
- FW18 NYFW Recap: NP ELLIOTT - February 23, 2018
- Pandora Transported into a Winter Wonderland for their ‘Sounds Like You’ Concert - December 15, 2017